STATEMENT OF FAITH
- There is One God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. God the Father, infinite in wisdom, power, and presence, desires that man worship Him in spirit and truth. God the Son, the only begotten Son of the Father, is the Lord Jesus Christ. He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, shed His blood on the cross and was victorious over death by His resurrection, which is the Gospel. He provides the only avenue of eternal salvation for mankind. God the Holy Spirit indwells, convicts, seals, helps and teaches every believer.
- The Bible is the inerrant, inspired Word of God, these Scriptures being the only completely reliable written authority in all matters upon which it touches.
- Mankind (male and female, creations of God) originally had been in perfect fellowship with God, but are separated from God because of their willful disobedience and sinful nature.
- Believers (Godís people) are those who individually believe and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ and His finished, substitutionary work on the cross for their eternal salvation and security. A believerís salvation is accomplished by the grace (unmerited favor) of God through faith in Christ, and not by any effort of man.
- The Return of Jesus Christ is imminent, at which time He will take the believers to be with Him in heaven. He will come again in power to establish His kingdom on earth, and to ultimately conquer Satan and administer final judgment to mankind.
- The major responsibilities of believers are to repent of their sins, to be baptized by water, to obediently and joyfully worship God, to be committed to a local church, to be built up in faith and doctrine, to express love to other believers, to exercise the believersí priesthood, to progress in living godly lives, and to share the Gospel with inquirers and unbelievers.
- The mission of this interdenominational corporation is to share in fulfilling the Lordís Great Commission by providing educational Christian broadcast programming to the rural area of East Central Missouri. The activities are designed 1) to witness to all area residents concerning the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, and 2) to edify believers in their daily walk in a manner that supports and strengthens the local churches.
- Additional statements
- The Corporation will not broadcast material which violates the Statement of Faith, or material from an organization whose teachings violate the doctrines of God, Christ, or the Trinity.
- Abortion destroys human life.
(Ex. 4:10-12; Ps. 51:5, 139:13; Is. 49:1; Jer. 1:5; Lk. 1:41)
- Speaking in tongues is not a requirement for salvation or an indication of greater spiritual maturity. (I Cor. 12-14)
- All saved persons have been Baptized with the Holy Spirit.
(Mt. 3:11; Jn. 7:37-39; Rom. 8:9: I Cor. 12:13)
- God supernaturally heals persons today when He chooses. The Gift of Healing was given to men temporarily by God to authenticate their messages.
(Lk. 7:16; Jn. 2:11, 4:48, 11:42; Heb. 2:3-4)
- Material Well-Being is not an indication of Christian maturity.
(I Cor. 4:11,16; II Cor. 6:4-10; Pp. 4:11-12; I Tm. 6:5b-10)
(Approved by the MRCB Board of Directors on September 23, 2006)